Axe Throwing - All very welcome
When was the last time you threw an Axe? Exactly! Now this is something you need to tick off the bucket list. Add this great new skill to your CV who knows when it might come in handy.
Throwing tomahawks through the air into a large wooden tree stump is a thrilling experience, everyone should try it.
Age: - for ages 12+
Session: - 1 Hour
Want something different? - Try Cross Bow instead
A one hour session of axe throwing. First you walk a path through the trees where you come to a clearing, the axe throwing range. There you will get to try old and new, with the new perfect point throwing axe being your first challenge an all metal modern day throwing axe, which when shown the correct techniques will be hitting the target every time! When you have mastered that the mighty tomahawk comes into play, this is a more traditional throwing axe its bigger and very different to throw, with its metal head and wooden handle. You will feel like a Viking Warrior. For anyone who is a little bit smaller, we have the mousehawk, a smaller version of the tomahawk. The age limit is 12 years and over.
- You are over 10 years of age.
- You are able to understand and follow basic safety instructions.
- You have no alcohol in your blood.
Special caution should be taken with:
- Back problems/disc problems.
- Discloated shoulders in the past.
- Osteoporosis or similar bone illnesses.
- You are unable to lift and draw a bow.
- You feel you are unable to handle a weapon for any reason.
- Customers need to arrive on site 45 minutes before their session for check in, safety briefings and orientation time. Failure to do this may result in you missing your session.
- No you do not need a licence to experience archery. We can show you the basic and give you hints and tips on how to become an expert archer in no time.
- The minimum age for archery and shooting is 10 years old.
- No but all participants must be able to handle and draw a bow.
- Seven people are able to shoot at the same time. This means you are able to compete with up to six other people at once. Our standard sessions are 60 minutes and have a maximum of 7 people per session. Larger groups booking private hire can take turns to go head to head with one another throughout the session and collect scores at the end.
- The bows require a certain amount of strength and mobility in order to be able to draw the bowstring back effectively. You will also experience some tension followed by the rapid loss of that tension when you loose (release) the arrow. If you have a mild back or neck problem that wouldn't be effected by this, then as long as you are aware of the risks, we would be happy to allow you to take part.
- However if you are in any doubt we would advise you talk to your doctor for further advice before making your booking.
- If you do not release the arrow properly then you may experience some friction burns to your arm and fingers. We do provide you with arm protection and finger tabs to prevent this from happening.
- A safetly briefing and instructor supervision throughout the session is designed to give every person on the range the necessary knowledge to prevent an incident happening.
- Firefly Activities supplies the equipment you need to do archery. There is no separate charge or hire fee for these. All you need to bring is your gift voucher or booking confirmation and comfortable clothing.
- Spectators are welcome to sit and watch the archers. There is a small seating area. All spectators must also watch the safety briefing.
- Firefly Activities supplies the equipment you need to do archery as part of a session. you are welcome to bring along your own equipment provided it meets with our approval.
- All equipment comes with all packages